I just wanted to give everyone a small update from our appointment yesterday. This was our first appointment seeing my regular OB, Dr. M. Everything went really well and we even got to see Baby Dyess (or as we refer to him/her, Poppy). It was a just a routine visit where we got to ask her all of our questions, and that was all we were expecting, although I was secretly hoping that we would get to hear the heartbeat with the doppler. It seems that I am probably a little to early to hear it using the doppler (in most cases, you need to be between 10-13 weeks before it can be heard using a doppler), so she did not even try and instead told us that we would be having an ultrasound! Yipee! Poppy's heartbeat was 194 bpm (which was great!) and he/she was just a moving around! Poppy looks like a little gummy bear right now, but wow is poppy growing! The sonographer told us everything looks GREAT! Yay! All of our prayers are being heard and definitely being answered! We go back in four weeks on July 16, and we are thinking that they will do the "early screen" test then and we may be able to tell Poppy's gender then. We can't wait.
So, you ask how is mommy feeling?? I would have to say, not so great...but I promise I am not complaining. I can deal with anything at this point, just thinking about what the end result will be! I can't wait to hold Poppy in my arms for the first time. I hope these next 31 weeks go by rather quickly!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!






1 comment:
yay yay yay!!! So thankful for Poppy's health!
Post a Comment