Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A few questions???

I have a few questions for all of you young and old mommy's out there in blogger land.

How far along were you when your belly/baby "dropped"?
When did you start dilating?
What all did you pack to take to the hospital for yourself, Daddy and Baby?
What was the most useful item that you took with you?
Did you just wear pajamas the whole hospital stay? or what??
What did your going home outfit consist of or is it just easiest to leave in pajamas?
How many outfits per day did you take with you to the hospital for baby?
Did you take your electric breast pump to the hospital?

If you would like to just email me with your answers, that would be great! Or you can just comment. Either way is fine with me. My email is lindsayclarkdyess@mac.com.

and feel free to give me any other tidbits of advice that you think I should need.

Thanks everyone!




3 comments:

e said...

ok so lots of your questions don't really apply to me but about the packing...

i wore cute pjs the whole time i was in the hospital. you'll want stuff that is easy to nurse in and you need slippers or flip flops or something too. you don't need a pump, they'll let you use a hospital one (which a great) if you need it but you probably won't. i took two outfits for each day for the boys plus their going home outfit. i also packed comfortable clothes to come home from the hospital in for me but ended up wearing my pjs home when i had charlie. my favorite hospital items are nursing tanks and button up pjs. oh and i loved my labor and delivery gown too - i brought my own. call me and come visit and we'll talk all things baby! we are here all week!

e said...

ok so lots of your questions don't really apply to me but about the packing...

i wore cute pjs the whole time i was in the hospital. you'll want stuff that is easy to nurse in and you need slippers or flip flops or something too. you don't need a pump, they'll let you use a hospital one (which a great) if you need it but you probably won't. i took two outfits for each day for the boys plus their going home outfit. i also packed comfortable clothes to come home from the hospital in for me but ended up wearing my pjs home when i had charlie. my favorite hospital items are nursing tanks and button up pjs. oh and i loved my labor and delivery gown too - i brought my own. call me and come visit and we'll talk all things baby! we are here all week!

Jill said...

Sorry I am just now commenting...I'm just getting the chance to catch up with your blog! i wore nightgowns while I was in the hospital and loved my slippers since it was January and the floor may have been icky. I didn't take my pump and Rose was a sleepy baby which meant that my milk took a whole week to come in! This time I am taking my pump to help the milk man come a little earlier :) I wore the same thing home that I wore when I checked into the hospital: a tshirt, yoga pants, and fleece. Don't forget a nursing bra to wear home! Oh and PLEASE take some snacks to eat in the wee hours while you are up feeding the baby. I was starving (they give you dinner at like 5:00) and all they had to eat were graham crackers. So I am bringing snacks this time! I was dilated and effaced for weeks and kept thinking Rose was going to come early, but she didn't. I was induced about 10 days early. Can't wait to hear your birth story!!