Saturday, September 26, 2009

23 weeks!

How Far Along? 23 weeks

Total Weight Gained/Loss? I am at my original pre-pregnancy weight, so I guess I can still say that I have not gained a pound!

Sleep? I am sleeping pretty good...if I could eliminate the TWO bathroom breaks during the middle of the night, sleep would be even better! Although, I do realize that this is, more than likely, only going to get worse.

Best Moment of the Week? Everyday is a great day! I get to feel him kick all day, everyday, which just reminds me of what a miracle this baby and pregnancy is. We are so blessed! God is so GOOD! 

Movement? Every time I sit still for just one minute he goes to town kicking. He will also kick at the laptop when he feels it on my stomach (i think it may be the heat, so I try to sit it on pillows instead of my stomach now). He also loves to kick when we get in bed at night, this is when his daddy gets to feel him. His kicks are getting so strong! I love it! 

Food Craving? grapes, spinach salads, and all vinegar dressings. yummy!

Food aversions? nothing right now. I have overcome the barbeque/hickory aversion. Anything and pretty much everything taste great now! :)

Morning sickness? nope

Gender? It's a BOY!!

Labor Signs? I have had some tightening/knotting of the lower belly at times, I am not sure if this is any type of contraction, and I am really not worried about this at all. I will ask Dr. P about it on Thursday. 

Belly Button? innie still. For all you preggo's out there, when did yours become an outie?

What I miss? I would love some sushi, but I do not crave it, I think that is only because I do not let myself, and I know that sushi while pregnant is controversial.

What I'm looking forward to? His crib arriving on Tuesday, Dr.'s appointment on Thursday, and hopefully our bedding will be here in the next few weeks.

Milestones? 23 weeks, almost six months!

Names? We are super close to deciding, but are not feeling rushed at all. We still do not plan on telling until he arrives.

How is Daddy feeling? Umm, GREAT! :) He loves feeling his little boy kick and it is so sweet when daddy talks to him. LOVE IT!



I have not updated about 20, 21, or 22 weeks, so I am going to list some things that happened in the past few weeks (just for my memory sake).

20 weeks - 
 We went to New Orleans and did a little shopping for Poppy.
 He also got his first taste of Beignets. :)
21 weeks -
 Daddy felt Poppy kick for the first time. So sweet.
 We ordered his bedding. 
22 weeks - 
 We ordered his crib.

I can't think of anything else right now, but I may come back and update this post later.

 

2 comments:

e said...

Hey!

My belly button hasn't popped out with either pregnancy...Dr said it depends on how it was pre-baby. it gets almost flat at the end but not out...this thrills troy, outies freak him out!

So glad you are doing so well!
e

Ariel said...

My belly button never popped out with Jake and it hasn't with this pregnancy either. I'm 30 weeks and I'm sure it will flatten as I grow, but I doubt it will pop out. It's still in :)

If it does pop out, I hear they make belly button tape that works.